Polka Dot Picture Frame


Today I thought that I’d share a cute frame I made for Bug’s room.  We are personalizing her room with pictures and mementos, and I was trying to find cute frames for some of her favorite photos. It’s hard to find anything that wasn’t simply white, so I decided to make my own frames. I started […]

Bug’s Lavender and Turquoise {Tween} Room


When we moved into the house on Harrison, the room Bug picked out was hideous.  The walls were painted with the most obnoxious shades of blue, pink and purple you could think of.  There were fairy stickers all over the walls.  The ceiling was bright blue, and the beautiful crown molding was painted hot pink. […]

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies {& The Raven Boys}

The Raven Boys

Today, I will not step foot in the garage.  I probably won’t even get out my sewing machine.  Why, you ask?  Well, as much as I love crafting, I love reading just a smidge more.  And today, this arrived in my mailbox… I have been waiting months for this book to come out.  Maggie Stiefvater […]

Quick and Easy Bed Skirt {From a Sheet!}


Bug has been needing a bed skirt for her bed for a very long time.  I had searched high and low for a white bed skirt with a long enough drop to hide all the stuff under her bed, but could only find bed skirts with a 14-15″ drop, and they were upwards of $30 […]

My Knock Off Desk on Knock Off Decor

I’m so excited that Beckie has featured my Knock Off Holden Desk on her Knock Off Decor site today.  If you haven’t seen Beckie’s site (and, really, WHO HASN’T?), you should jump on over there NOW and check it out.  There are all kinds of fabulous ideas for imitating your favorite home decor stores on the cheap. […]

{Cabinet Door} Knock-Off Holden Desk


I love everything about baby’s first birthday–baby in the highchair eating fistfuls of cake; mom opening all baby’s gifts and baby playing with the wrappings; family cooing over the birthday baby, who is pretty much oblivious to it all.  I love it the whole thing–and I miss that time with my kids, too.  So, naturally, […]

Wall Art for a Glamour Girl


I had grand plans today.  I was going to paint several projects I’d been working on, one of which is a present for my niece’s birthday–which is tomorrow.  Then it rained.  A lot.  For a really long time.  So I tackled a different–one I’d started a few days earlier and never finished.  It involved rhinestones.  […]

The Perfect {Girly} Gift

American Girl Bed

One of the benefits of being crafty is that I always have a large stash of scrap wood in the garage.  When Bug told me she needed a gift for her bestest friend’s birthday, I knew just what to do.  My girls and all their friends are really into all things American Girl.  When Ana […]

I’ve Been Featured!

My cabinet door snack tray is being shared over at Better After today!  Woo Hoo! If you haven’t checked out Better After, you simply MUST!  There are so many amazing makeovers on Lindsey’s site, but be warned!  You will never throw anything away again.  Go check it out!